This 15th-century Grade II listed former watermill is set within its own 5 acres of land, exclusively in the beautiful Rocky Valley. The Mill house itself was built in 1472 and was made famous by Thomas Creswick, whose painting ‘The Valley Mill’ hung in the Royal Academy exhibition of 1851 and also by renown Cornish seascape painter James Millar. It is less than five minutes’ walk to the sea and a further 10 minutes walk to a delightful beach.
The mill comfortably sleeps from 6 to 12 in 6 separate bedrooms and guests staying at The Mill can still see much of the original workings that have been preserved much as they were hundreds of years ago with slate floors, oak beams and a complete waterwheel. The charming gardens of The Mill are a delight, the extensive decked area joining the Mill provides a perfect place to sit, relax and barbecue, whilst enjoying the sights and sounds of the millstream running by.
Birds, deer and many other wild animals wander the grounds (dogs beware!) and for those energetic individuals who wander as far the top of the garden, the most magical sunsets can be seen as the sun disappears into the sea.
Large entrance hall/sun room. Beamed living room with wood-burning stove in original fireplace with bread oven. Spacious, well-equipped kitchen/dining-room with range cooker, breakfast area and laundry/utility room leading off.
Additional sitting/games room with staircase to games room with Playstation, table football and board games. Separate cloakroom/W.C. and boot/link room.
First floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed. Further double bedroom with 5ft bed leading to room with two single beds and en-suite shower room/W.C. – two large millstones/workings are a feature of this room and it is not suitable for toddlers/children. A large landing doubles as a reading room and is a great place to chill out. Large family shower room/W.C.
Second floor: Three bedrooms; one double with vaulted ceiling and dressing room, one twin-bedded and a further double bedded room. Bathroom/W.C. with shower cubicle.
- Sleeps from 6 to 12 comfortably in 6 bedrooms
- A wonderful building full of character in a fabulous setting
- LPG range cooker , Microwave
- Wood-burning stove – initial fuel included, thereafter available locally
- Ample parking – space for 5 cars including 2 covered
- Two Satellite TVs, Two DVDs (good DVD library)
- Music station with dock for Ipod/Iphone/Ipad (that charges these devices)
- Free wifi
- Automatic washing machine, Tumble dryer and Dishwasher
- Duvets with linen are provided but we DO NOT provide towels
- Electricity and full oil fired central heating included
- Freezers and fridges (under counter and large American style fridge/freezer)
- Nespresso coffee machine and aeroccino milk frother (capsules not supplied)
- Hairdryers in all double rooms
- Large garden and patio area with furniture and large gas barbecue
- Mill stream and pond (toddlers beware!)
- Lovely footpath direct from Mill to the sea
- Coast under 0.5 mile
- Shops, restaurants and pubs 1 mile
- 5 acres natural woodland
- Well behaved dogs are welcome
- Bookings are normally Saturday to Saturday
- Smoking is NOT PERMITTED inside the house
- Short breaks available out of season (3 nights minimum)
- A Cornish cream tea provided at your arrival (gluten free option available)
- Electricity 100% from renewable sources
Trevillett Mill room sizes
|4.00m x 2.50m
|8.00m x 6.50m (of which mill workings 4.0m x 2.2m)
|3.50m x 2.50m
|4.65m x 3.75m
|3.90m x 3.60m
|3.80m x 3.60m
|2.40m x 2.20m
|2.40m x 1.40m
|4.20m x 3.20m
|Double bedroom 1
|4.20m x 4.00m
|Double bedroom 2
|5.30m x 3.20m
|Twin bedroom 1
|5.20m x 3.30m
|Family shower room
|2.50m x 2.20m
|Second shower room
|2.20m x 1.40m
|Double bedroom 3
|4.60m x 3.10m
|Double bedroom 4
|3.00m x 2.60m
|Twin bedroom 2
|4.40m x 2.60m
|2.40m x 2.20m
Availability and Booking
General booking terms
The guest agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- To take good care of the property and contents and to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting. A cleaning service is not provided in the course of the letting.
- All breakage and damages must be reported to Rocky Valley Ltd (the Owners). It is understood that accidents happen, but malicious damage must be paid for.
- To permit a member of Rocky Valley Ltd staff (Staff) reasonable access to the property at all times in the case of an emergency. Usually, there is no requirement for staff to enter the property and guest privacy is considered very important.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it except with members of the party shown on the booking form
- Use of the property and any amenities provided to guests are provided by the Owners to the guests entirely at the guests’ risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any personal injuries or loss or damage to property.
- The Contract contains the whole agreement between the parties, the website, correspondence and any advertising material are offered in good faith, and neither they nor any oral representations made by the Owners, Staff or their Agents (Holiday Lettings) form any part of this agreement.
- The owners make no representation as to the state of condition of the property, nor to the position, type or state of furnishings described on or shown in any literature.
- If for any reason the property is not available on the date booked including damage by fire, flood, storm, war, terrorism or any other reason beyond the control of the Owners, all rent and charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full but the applicants shall have no further claim against the Owners or Agents for holidays cancelled.
- All complaints must be notified to the Owners immediately so that an on the site investigation can be made and, if necessary, remedial action taken. Under no circumstances will compensation be paid for complaints raised after the completion of the letting (which is not notified to the Owners during the letting).
- If there is a material breach of these conditions, the Owners or their Agents reserve the right to terminate the letting without prejudice to any other rights and remedies the Owners may have against the guest.
- There is a set speed limit of 10mph on the property. Vehicles are parked on the site at owners risk.
- There is a NO SMOKING policy within the properties and out buildings.
- You undertake that only the agreed number of persons, not exceeding 13 in the Mill House, 4 in Trout Leap and Trout Beck cottages and 2 in Trout Fry will occupy each property and whose details have been disclosed on the booking form. The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
- All the guests must endeavour to keep the noise at a level that will not disturb other people in Rocky Valley. Offensive behaviour is prohibited at all times and the Owners reserve the right to terminate the letting without notice if a guest causes a disturbance or nuisance to the other guests or a member of staff.
- The contract is deemed to have been made at Miles Cottage, Salisbury Road, Shrewton, Wiltshire, SP3 4EQ and will at all times will be under the jurisdiction of the law of England.
- The person signing the booking form must be a member of the party intending to occupy, be over eighteen years old, and certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date.
- Well behaved dogs are allowed, but not to exceed the stated numbers permissible: 3 in the Mill House and 2 in each of the other properties.
- Dog(s) must not be left alone or unsupervised in the holiday accommodation at any time.
- It’s the owners’ responsibility to clean up after the dog – poop and hairs.
- Dog owners are to ensure flea treatment is up to date before arrival.