Trout Beck is an attractive detached, stone built cottage on the approach drive to Trevillett Mill. A former barn with stone arch, the accommodation is inverted (bedroom is downstairs) and is well furnished and equipped. It is ideally suited to a couple.
Trout Beck is an inverted cottage (bedroom downstairs) that offers traditional charm with all modern comforts. Large double bedroom, bathroom with shower hand basin and toilet. French doors open out to a private parking area. Open tread stairs to the first floor. Open plan high beamed lounge area with wood burner, TV and DVD player. The recently refurbished kitchen area has been equipped to a high standard with cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment and dining table. The first floor can also be accessed directly from the garden.
- Sleeps 2 comfortably
- An attractive building with a lot of character in a fabulous setting
- Full central heating and hot water at no extra cost
- Wood burning stove with initial fuel included – more available locally
- Bedding and bed linen included (but not towels)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Freesat digital TV with built in DVD player
- Music station with dock for Ipod/Iphone (that charges these devices)
- Electricity and full oil fired central heating included
- Gas BBQ
- Private (off-road) parking space next to cottage
- Cottage is non-smoking
- We welcome well behaved dogs
- Mill stream and pond (toddlers beware!)
- Lovely footpath from cottage to sea
- Coast under 0.5 mile
- Shops, restaurants and pubs 1 mile
- Bookings are normally Saturday-to-Saturday
- Short breaks available out of season (minimum 3 nights)
- A Cornish cream tea provided at your arrival (gluten free option available)
- Electricity 100% from renewable sources
Availability and Booking
General booking terms
- To take good care of the property and contents and to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting. A cleaning service is not provided in the course of the letting.
- All breakage and damages must be reported to Rocky Valley Ltd (the Owners). It is understood that accidents happen, but malicious damage must be paid for.
- To permit a member of Rocky Valley Ltd staff (Staff) reasonable access to the property at all times in the case of an emergency. Usually, there is no requirement for staff to enter the property and guest privacy is considered very important.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
- Use of the property and any amenities provided to guests are provided by the Owners to the guests entirely at the guests’ risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any personal injuries or loss or damage to property.
- The Contract contains the whole agreement between the parties, the website, correspondence and any advertising material are offered in good faith, and neither they nor any oral representations made by the Owners, Staff or their Agents (Holiday Lettings) form any part of this agreement.
- The owners make no representation as to the state of condition of the property, nor to the position, type or state of furnishings described on or shown in any literature.
- If for any reason the property is not available on the date booked including damage by fire, flood, storm, war, terrorism or any other reason beyond the control of the Owners, all rent and charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full but the applicants shall have no further claim against the Owners or Agents for holidays cancelled.
- All complaints must be notified to the Owners immediately so that an on the site investigation can be made and, if necessary, remedial action taken. Under no circumstances will compensation be paid for complaints raised after the completion of the letting (which is not notified to the Owners during the letting).
- If there is a material breach of these conditions, the Owners or their Agents reserve the right to terminate the letting without prejudice to any other rights and remedies the Owners may have against the guest.
- There is a set speed limit of 10mph on the property. Vehicles are parked on the site at owners risk.
- There is a NO SMOKING policy within the properties and out buildings.
- You undertake that only the agreed number of persons, not exceeding 13 in the Mill House, 4 in Trout Leap and Trout Beck cottages and 2 in Trout Fry will occupy each property and whose details have been disclosed on the booking form. The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
- All the guests must endeavour to keep the noise at a level that will not disturb other people in Rocky Valley. Offensive behaviour is prohibited at all times and the Owners reserve the right to terminate the letting without notice if a guest causes a disturbance or nuisance to the other guests or a member of staff.
- The contract is deemed to have been made at Miles Cottage, Salisbury Road, Shrewton, Wiltshire, SP3 4EQ and will at all times will be under the jurisdiction of the law of England.
- The person signing the booking form must be a member of the party intending to occupy, be over eighteen years old, and certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date.